Aug 17, 2011, 5:25 PM EST
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post spoke with Davey Johnson today, who said that Stephen Strasburg could return to the bigs and make the start on September 2nd. That’s a Friday against the Mets at Nationals Park.
Kilgore refers to it as a “speculative” time table, however, so that could slide. Given that September 2nd is the first game of a ten-game home stand — and given that Strasburg’s primary benefit to the Nationals in 2011 will be at the gate — I suppose his start could come any time in those ten games.
But hey, getting your phenom back is good no matter when it happens.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)