Aug 17, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post spoke with Davey Johnson today, who said that Stephen Strasburg could return to the bigs and make the start on September 2nd. That’s a Friday against the Mets at Nationals Park.
Kilgore refers to it as a “speculative” time table, however, so that could slide. Given that September 2nd is the first game of a ten-game home stand — and given that Strasburg’s primary benefit to the Nationals in 2011 will be at the gate — I suppose his start could come any time in those ten games.
But hey, getting your phenom back is good no matter when it happens.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 45
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 40
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)