Aug 17, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post spoke with Davey Johnson today, who said that Stephen Strasburg could return to the bigs and make the start on September 2nd. That’s a Friday against the Mets at Nationals Park.
Kilgore refers to it as a “speculative” time table, however, so that could slide. Given that September 2nd is the first game of a ten-game home stand — and given that Strasburg’s primary benefit to the Nationals in 2011 will be at the gate — I suppose his start could come any time in those ten games.
But hey, getting your phenom back is good no matter when it happens.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17