Aug 17, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
And why isn’t that some sabermetrician’s street name?
To find out who Jigger Statz was, and to read a wonderfully entertaining list of the most interesting players to hit one and only one home run for each team, go read this week’s Power Rankings from Grant Brisbee over at SB Nation.
This is the kind of thing the Internet was invented for, people. Well that, lolcats and rage comics anyway.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)