Aug 18, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
On the disabled list for the first time in his 10-year career, A.J. Pierzynski is scheduled to visit with a specialist today to determine a recovery timetable for his fractured left wrist.
Pierzynski has said that he’s aiming to come off the DL when eligible on August 28 and Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the catcher “has modified his workout routine by continuing to throw, performing leg exercises, and taking one-handed swings” while wearing a cast.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 13
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 37
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)