Aug 18, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
On the disabled list for the first time in his 10-year career, A.J. Pierzynski is scheduled to visit with a specialist today to determine a recovery timetable for his fractured left wrist.
Pierzynski has said that he’s aiming to come off the DL when eligible on August 28 and Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the catcher “has modified his workout routine by continuing to throw, performing leg exercises, and taking one-handed swings” while wearing a cast.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 72
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)