Aug 18, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
On the disabled list for the first time in his 10-year career, A.J. Pierzynski is scheduled to visit with a specialist today to determine a recovery timetable for his fractured left wrist.
Pierzynski has said that he’s aiming to come off the DL when eligible on August 28 and Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the catcher “has modified his workout routine by continuing to throw, performing leg exercises, and taking one-handed swings” while wearing a cast.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 10
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 39
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)