Aug 18, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
On the disabled list for the first time in his 10-year career, A.J. Pierzynski is scheduled to visit with a specialist today to determine a recovery timetable for his fractured left wrist.
Pierzynski has said that he’s aiming to come off the DL when eligible on August 28 and Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the catcher “has modified his workout routine by continuing to throw, performing leg exercises, and taking one-handed swings” while wearing a cast.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 7
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 128
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)