Aug 18, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
On the disabled list for the first time in his 10-year career, A.J. Pierzynski is scheduled to visit with a specialist today to determine a recovery timetable for his fractured left wrist.
Pierzynski has said that he’s aiming to come off the DL when eligible on August 28 and Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the catcher “has modified his workout routine by continuing to throw, performing leg exercises, and taking one-handed swings” while wearing a cast.
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)