Aug 18, 2011, 6:41 PM EDT
Rodriguez, who is making his way back from knee surgery, took grounders at third base and ran the bases this afternoon, but according to the AP, he was “looking a little stiff.”
A-Rod said afterwards that he sees himself returning to the lineup as a designated hitter on Saturday and then headed back out to third base on Tuesday. The Yankees, though, have yet to say what they’re planning.
Eduardo Nunez will continue to see most of the time at third base until Rodriguez returns.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 100
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 150
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (153)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)