Aug 18, 2011, 6:41 PM EDT
Rodriguez, who is making his way back from knee surgery, took grounders at third base and ran the bases this afternoon, but according to the AP, he was “looking a little stiff.”
A-Rod said afterwards that he sees himself returning to the lineup as a designated hitter on Saturday and then headed back out to third base on Tuesday. The Yankees, though, have yet to say what they’re planning.
Eduardo Nunez will continue to see most of the time at third base until Rodriguez returns.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)