Aug 18, 2011, 6:41 PM EST
Rodriguez, who is making his way back from knee surgery, took grounders at third base and ran the bases this afternoon, but according to the AP, he was “looking a little stiff.”
A-Rod said afterwards that he sees himself returning to the lineup as a designated hitter on Saturday and then headed back out to third base on Tuesday. The Yankees, though, have yet to say what they’re planning.
Eduardo Nunez will continue to see most of the time at third base until Rodriguez returns.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27