Aug 18, 2011, 6:41 PM EDT
Rodriguez, who is making his way back from knee surgery, took grounders at third base and ran the bases this afternoon, but according to the AP, he was “looking a little stiff.”
A-Rod said afterwards that he sees himself returning to the lineup as a designated hitter on Saturday and then headed back out to third base on Tuesday. The Yankees, though, have yet to say what they’re planning.
Eduardo Nunez will continue to see most of the time at third base until Rodriguez returns.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)