Aug 18, 2011, 6:41 PM EST
Rodriguez, who is making his way back from knee surgery, took grounders at third base and ran the bases this afternoon, but according to the AP, he was “looking a little stiff.”
A-Rod said afterwards that he sees himself returning to the lineup as a designated hitter on Saturday and then headed back out to third base on Tuesday. The Yankees, though, have yet to say what they’re planning.
Eduardo Nunez will continue to see most of the time at third base until Rodriguez returns.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)