Aug 18, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Logan Morrison ultimately decided not to file a grievance against the Marlins following his shocking demotion to Triple-A last week, which is probably the right move given that the grievance wouldn’t have gone anywhere and would have further angered a bunch of people in the process.
Instead he simply reported to Triple-A, where he went 3-for-8 with a homer and two doubles in two games before leaving last night’s matchup with Colorado Springs in the seventh inning with a groin injury.
No word yet on how much time, if any, Morrison will miss, but this definitely qualifies as flipping the old idiom by adding injury to insult. As long as he’s healthy by September 1 he figures to rejoin the Marlins once rosters expand.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)