Aug 18, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Logan Morrison ultimately decided not to file a grievance against the Marlins following his shocking demotion to Triple-A last week, which is probably the right move given that the grievance wouldn’t have gone anywhere and would have further angered a bunch of people in the process.
Instead he simply reported to Triple-A, where he went 3-for-8 with a homer and two doubles in two games before leaving last night’s matchup with Colorado Springs in the seventh inning with a groin injury.
No word yet on how much time, if any, Morrison will miss, but this definitely qualifies as flipping the old idiom by adding injury to insult. As long as he’s healthy by September 1 he figures to rejoin the Marlins once rosters expand.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (188)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)