Aug 18, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Logan Morrison ultimately decided not to file a grievance against the Marlins following his shocking demotion to Triple-A last week, which is probably the right move given that the grievance wouldn’t have gone anywhere and would have further angered a bunch of people in the process.
Instead he simply reported to Triple-A, where he went 3-for-8 with a homer and two doubles in two games before leaving last night’s matchup with Colorado Springs in the seventh inning with a groin injury.
No word yet on how much time, if any, Morrison will miss, but this definitely qualifies as flipping the old idiom by adding injury to insult. As long as he’s healthy by September 1 he figures to rejoin the Marlins once rosters expand.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 18
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)