Aug 18, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Logan Morrison ultimately decided not to file a grievance against the Marlins following his shocking demotion to Triple-A last week, which is probably the right move given that the grievance wouldn’t have gone anywhere and would have further angered a bunch of people in the process.
Instead he simply reported to Triple-A, where he went 3-for-8 with a homer and two doubles in two games before leaving last night’s matchup with Colorado Springs in the seventh inning with a groin injury.
No word yet on how much time, if any, Morrison will miss, but this definitely qualifies as flipping the old idiom by adding injury to insult. As long as he’s healthy by September 1 he figures to rejoin the Marlins once rosters expand.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)