Aug 18, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Logan Morrison ultimately decided not to file a grievance against the Marlins following his shocking demotion to Triple-A last week, which is probably the right move given that the grievance wouldn’t have gone anywhere and would have further angered a bunch of people in the process.
Instead he simply reported to Triple-A, where he went 3-for-8 with a homer and two doubles in two games before leaving last night’s matchup with Colorado Springs in the seventh inning with a groin injury.
No word yet on how much time, if any, Morrison will miss, but this definitely qualifies as flipping the old idiom by adding injury to insult. As long as he’s healthy by September 1 he figures to rejoin the Marlins once rosters expand.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)