Aug 18, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Mike Jacobs, a 1B/DH type who spent time with the Mets, Marlins and Royals over the years, and who this year has been playing at Colorado Springs for the Rockies organization, has been suspended 50 games for HGH.
This comes less than a week after the Denver Post wrote a story about how it’s Jacobs’ “mission” to get back to the bigs. Money quote:
“I’m trying to show baseball people that I don’t belong in Triple-A … There are times when you think you’ve been forgotten. I want an opportunity to be remembered if not with the Rockies, with another big-league team.”
Well, we’ll certainly remember you now, Mike. Most notably, I think, for getting tripped up by the Minors’ HGH test which, unless things have changed, is only effective for a very short time after the HGH is injected, meaning that either (a) Jacobs has incredibly bad luck; or (b) someone ratted him out.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)