Aug 18, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Mike Jacobs, a 1B/DH type who spent time with the Mets, Marlins and Royals over the years, and who this year has been playing at Colorado Springs for the Rockies organization, has been suspended 50 games for HGH.
This comes less than a week after the Denver Post wrote a story about how it’s Jacobs’ “mission” to get back to the bigs. Money quote:
“I’m trying to show baseball people that I don’t belong in Triple-A … There are times when you think you’ve been forgotten. I want an opportunity to be remembered if not with the Rockies, with another big-league team.”
Well, we’ll certainly remember you now, Mike. Most notably, I think, for getting tripped up by the Minors’ HGH test which, unless things have changed, is only effective for a very short time after the HGH is injected, meaning that either (a) Jacobs has incredibly bad luck; or (b) someone ratted him out.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (79)
- Barry Bonds is back in uniform (68)