Aug 18, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Mike Jacobs, a 1B/DH type who spent time with the Mets, Marlins and Royals over the years, and who this year has been playing at Colorado Springs for the Rockies organization, has been suspended 50 games for HGH.
This comes less than a week after the Denver Post wrote a story about how it’s Jacobs’ “mission” to get back to the bigs. Money quote:
“I’m trying to show baseball people that I don’t belong in Triple-A … There are times when you think you’ve been forgotten. I want an opportunity to be remembered if not with the Rockies, with another big-league team.”
Well, we’ll certainly remember you now, Mike. Most notably, I think, for getting tripped up by the Minors’ HGH test which, unless things have changed, is only effective for a very short time after the HGH is injected, meaning that either (a) Jacobs has incredibly bad luck; or (b) someone ratted him out.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)