Aug 18, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
In the same vein of that Brewers post, this post is just to draw your attention to something that’s going down but which you may have missed due to the whole East Coast Bias and all of that (note: I’m invited to all meetings of the East Coast Bias Committee, but I am still a non-voting member).
The Florida Marlins’ Mike Stanton has homered in four straight games now after going yard against the Rockies in a losing cause last night. Overall he’s having a whale of a season, hitting .262/.349/.546 with 28 homers and 74 RBIs. And of course, he’s still only 21-years-old, which is rather hard to get one’s mind around.
Note: I’m almost positive that this post has nothing to do with the Phillies, but I’m sure someone will correct me about that in the comments.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 40
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 60
- Who really owns a home run ball? 63
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)