Aug 18, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
In the same vein of that Brewers post, this post is just to draw your attention to something that’s going down but which you may have missed due to the whole East Coast Bias and all of that (note: I’m invited to all meetings of the East Coast Bias Committee, but I am still a non-voting member).
The Florida Marlins’ Mike Stanton has homered in four straight games now after going yard against the Rockies in a losing cause last night. Overall he’s having a whale of a season, hitting .262/.349/.546 with 28 homers and 74 RBIs. And of course, he’s still only 21-years-old, which is rather hard to get one’s mind around.
Note: I’m almost positive that this post has nothing to do with the Phillies, but I’m sure someone will correct me about that in the comments.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)