Aug 18, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
In the same vein of that Brewers post, this post is just to draw your attention to something that’s going down but which you may have missed due to the whole East Coast Bias and all of that (note: I’m invited to all meetings of the East Coast Bias Committee, but I am still a non-voting member).
The Florida Marlins’ Mike Stanton has homered in four straight games now after going yard against the Rockies in a losing cause last night. Overall he’s having a whale of a season, hitting .262/.349/.546 with 28 homers and 74 RBIs. And of course, he’s still only 21-years-old, which is rather hard to get one’s mind around.
Note: I’m almost positive that this post has nothing to do with the Phillies, but I’m sure someone will correct me about that in the comments.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)