Aug 18, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
In the same vein of that Brewers post, this post is just to draw your attention to something that’s going down but which you may have missed due to the whole East Coast Bias and all of that (note: I’m invited to all meetings of the East Coast Bias Committee, but I am still a non-voting member).
The Florida Marlins’ Mike Stanton has homered in four straight games now after going yard against the Rockies in a losing cause last night. Overall he’s having a whale of a season, hitting .262/.349/.546 with 28 homers and 74 RBIs. And of course, he’s still only 21-years-old, which is rather hard to get one’s mind around.
Note: I’m almost positive that this post has nothing to do with the Phillies, but I’m sure someone will correct me about that in the comments.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)