Aug 18, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
In the same vein of that Brewers post, this post is just to draw your attention to something that’s going down but which you may have missed due to the whole East Coast Bias and all of that (note: I’m invited to all meetings of the East Coast Bias Committee, but I am still a non-voting member).
The Florida Marlins’ Mike Stanton has homered in four straight games now after going yard against the Rockies in a losing cause last night. Overall he’s having a whale of a season, hitting .262/.349/.546 with 28 homers and 74 RBIs. And of course, he’s still only 21-years-old, which is rather hard to get one’s mind around.
Note: I’m almost positive that this post has nothing to do with the Phillies, but I’m sure someone will correct me about that in the comments.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 56
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)