Aug 18, 2011, 4:50 PM EST
Shane Victorino‘s three-game suspension from the Phillies-Giants scuffle on August 6 has been reduced to two games after the center fielder appealed to MLB.
He’ll begin serving the reduced suspension tonight against the Diamondbacks and will also sit out tomorrow night’s game against the Nationals.
Victorino was the only player who received a suspension, with MLB issuing a statement about his “aggressive actions that prolonged the bench-clearing incident between the clubs.”
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40