Aug 18, 2011, 4:50 PM EST
Shane Victorino‘s three-game suspension from the Phillies-Giants scuffle on August 6 has been reduced to two games after the center fielder appealed to MLB.
He’ll begin serving the reduced suspension tonight against the Diamondbacks and will also sit out tomorrow night’s game against the Nationals.
Victorino was the only player who received a suspension, with MLB issuing a statement about his “aggressive actions that prolonged the bench-clearing incident between the clubs.”
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)