Aug 18, 2011, 4:50 PM EST
Shane Victorino‘s three-game suspension from the Phillies-Giants scuffle on August 6 has been reduced to two games after the center fielder appealed to MLB.
He’ll begin serving the reduced suspension tonight against the Diamondbacks and will also sit out tomorrow night’s game against the Nationals.
Victorino was the only player who received a suspension, with MLB issuing a statement about his “aggressive actions that prolonged the bench-clearing incident between the clubs.”
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 45
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 35
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)