Aug 18, 2011, 9:20 PM EDT
You’ve got to love how social media brings people together. In fact, I’d like to nominate Twitter for The Nobel Peace Prize.
Can I do that? As it turns out, no.
But I’ll forge ahead anyway in praising the peace-making qualities of Twitter. Case in point:
Last night, in his first start in Seattle since the Mariners traded him to Toronto, Brandon Morrow came up-and-in with a fastball to Casper Wells, hitting him in the nose. It was a glancing blow, but scary nonetheless, and one had to wonder if it was payback for Blake Beavan buzzing some Blue Jays earlier in the game, or some sort of in-your-face message to Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik.
Not so, it appears, as Morrow took to Twitter to apologize to Wells last night:
Wells responded within a couple hours with some light-hearted humor.
Then someone pulled out an acoustic guitar – it was Bernie Williams, I think – and everyone gathered around the camp fire and sang Kumbaya. I might have made that last part up. But it does warm the heart doesn’t it?
As far as Seattle being amazing. Yes it is, fellas, but get back to me in February.
(H/T to Gerry Spratt at the Seattle P-I)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)