Aug 18, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Tampa Bay has today off and they’ll have John Jaso back in the lineup when they return to action tomorrow, as Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times reports that the catcher will come off the disabled list.
Chirinos will be optioned back to Triple-A to make room on the roster for Jaso, who’ll likely resume getting most of the starts while platooning with the right-handed-hitting Shoppach.
Jaso hit just .222 with a .639 OPS in 65 games before landing on the DL, but batted .263 with a .372 on-base percentage and .750 OPS in 109 games as a rookie last season.
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 27
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 46
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 94
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)