Aug 18, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Tampa Bay has today off and they’ll have John Jaso back in the lineup when they return to action tomorrow, as Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times reports that the catcher will come off the disabled list.
Chirinos will be optioned back to Triple-A to make room on the roster for Jaso, who’ll likely resume getting most of the starts while platooning with the right-handed-hitting Shoppach.
Jaso hit just .222 with a .639 OPS in 65 games before landing on the DL, but batted .263 with a .372 on-base percentage and .750 OPS in 109 games as a rookie last season.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 23
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)