Aug 18, 2011, 9:46 PM EDT
Per Zuckerman, Nationals manager Davey Johnson revealed to the media this evening that Strasburg is scheduled to make his next minor league rehab start on Monday with the Single-A Hagerstown Suns.
It’ll be his third appearance in a Suns uniform, and his fourth minor league rehab outing since he was cleared earlier this summer to resume throwing.
Strasburg surrendered five earned runs in less than two innings on Wednesday night at Hagerstown, but was fairly sharp in his previous two rehab efforts. He’ll try to get back on track on Monday evening.
The Nats are hoping that the 23-year-old phenom will be able to return during the first week of September.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)