Aug 18, 2011, 9:46 PM EST
Per Zuckerman, Nationals manager Davey Johnson revealed to the media this evening that Strasburg is scheduled to make his next minor league rehab start on Monday with the Single-A Hagerstown Suns.
It’ll be his third appearance in a Suns uniform, and his fourth minor league rehab outing since he was cleared earlier this summer to resume throwing.
Strasburg surrendered five earned runs in less than two innings on Wednesday night at Hagerstown, but was fairly sharp in his previous two rehab efforts. He’ll try to get back on track on Monday evening.
The Nats are hoping that the 23-year-old phenom will be able to return during the first week of September.
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 0
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 13
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)