Aug 18, 2011, 9:46 PM EDT
Per Zuckerman, Nationals manager Davey Johnson revealed to the media this evening that Strasburg is scheduled to make his next minor league rehab start on Monday with the Single-A Hagerstown Suns.
It’ll be his third appearance in a Suns uniform, and his fourth minor league rehab outing since he was cleared earlier this summer to resume throwing.
Strasburg surrendered five earned runs in less than two innings on Wednesday night at Hagerstown, but was fairly sharp in his previous two rehab efforts. He’ll try to get back on track on Monday evening.
The Nats are hoping that the 23-year-old phenom will be able to return during the first week of September.
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 60
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 48
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)