Aug 18, 2011, 9:46 PM EDT
Per Zuckerman, Nationals manager Davey Johnson revealed to the media this evening that Strasburg is scheduled to make his next minor league rehab start on Monday with the Single-A Hagerstown Suns.
It’ll be his third appearance in a Suns uniform, and his fourth minor league rehab outing since he was cleared earlier this summer to resume throwing.
Strasburg surrendered five earned runs in less than two innings on Wednesday night at Hagerstown, but was fairly sharp in his previous two rehab efforts. He’ll try to get back on track on Monday evening.
The Nats are hoping that the 23-year-old phenom will be able to return during the first week of September.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 9
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 61
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 68
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)