Aug 18, 2011, 9:46 PM EDT
Per Zuckerman, Nationals manager Davey Johnson revealed to the media this evening that Strasburg is scheduled to make his next minor league rehab start on Monday with the Single-A Hagerstown Suns.
It’ll be his third appearance in a Suns uniform, and his fourth minor league rehab outing since he was cleared earlier this summer to resume throwing.
Strasburg surrendered five earned runs in less than two innings on Wednesday night at Hagerstown, but was fairly sharp in his previous two rehab efforts. He’ll try to get back on track on Monday evening.
The Nats are hoping that the 23-year-old phenom will be able to return during the first week of September.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)