Aug 18, 2011, 1:52 PM EST
If only his fastball had a little more mustard.
Takeru Kobayashi, the world-record holder in eating hot dogs and Krystal burgers, threw out the first pitch for the Gary Southshore Railcats on Wednesday and did a pretty outstanding job of it.
The Railcats probably should have let him stay in and throw a few more. They ended up losing to Shreveport-Bossier 11-9.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)