Aug 18, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
If only his fastball had a little more mustard.
Takeru Kobayashi, the world-record holder in eating hot dogs and Krystal burgers, threw out the first pitch for the Gary Southshore Railcats on Wednesday and did a pretty outstanding job of it.
The Railcats probably should have let him stay in and throw a few more. They ended up losing to Shreveport-Bossier 11-9.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 25
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)