Aug 18, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
If only his fastball had a little more mustard.
Takeru Kobayashi, the world-record holder in eating hot dogs and Krystal burgers, threw out the first pitch for the Gary Southshore Railcats on Wednesday and did a pretty outstanding job of it.
The Railcats probably should have let him stay in and throw a few more. They ended up losing to Shreveport-Bossier 11-9.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)