Aug 18, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
If only his fastball had a little more mustard.
Takeru Kobayashi, the world-record holder in eating hot dogs and Krystal burgers, threw out the first pitch for the Gary Southshore Railcats on Wednesday and did a pretty outstanding job of it.
The Railcats probably should have let him stay in and throw a few more. They ended up losing to Shreveport-Bossier 11-9.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8