Aug 19, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
It sounds like the first disabled list stint of A.J. Pierzynski‘s career won’t be a long one.
Pierzynski got a second opinion on his fractured wrist yesterday and has been cleared to resume baseball activities just three days after being placed on the DL.
Despite the “fracture” description Doug Padilla of ESPN Chicago writes that “his injury isn’t considered serious” and Pierzynski’s stated goal of returning on September 1 seems doable.
Or as the veteran catcher put it: “They said I really can’t do anything worse to it, so the pain will go away and it won’t be a big deal.” Tyler Flowers shouldn’t get too comfortable with the starting job.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 5
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Sharks beat Kings, trim LA's series lead
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit