Aug 19, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
“I’m not hitting because my swing isn’t good right now, not because of my neck”
Not that this absolves his neck. He says that the swing is messed up because the original neck problem — which he says is fine now — caused him to screw with his swing, and he hasn’t gotten it back yet.
In other news, I wonder what percentage of a given fan base cares why someone isn’t hitting as opposed to merely caring that he’s not hitting.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)