Aug 19, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
I really don’t watch much TV these days. When I do watch TV it’s usually an entire series at a time on Netflix or something like “Battlestar Galactica,” or “Pushing Daisies” or something. The only shows I actually watch as they’re being broadcast anymore are “Breaking Bad” and “Archer,” and those are on so rarely that I go months without watching stuff other than ballgames.
So, no, I was unaware that Mario Lopez hosts some show on some off-brand network* in which celebrities confront people who hate them. But I now know that Barry Bonds — who is described a friend of Lopez’s, which is just kind of weird when you think about it — will be making an appearance:
Barry Bonds will try to rehabilitate his tarnished image by confronting a fan who hates him on the upcoming reality show “H8R.”
On the show, the MLB home-run king will watch a tape of one of his biggest detractors chewing him out, and then confront his “H8R” — who won’t know the slugger has been watching him — face-to-face.
It’ll be up to Bonds to convince the guy that he isn’t so bad, after all.
OK. I’m not sure what this accomplishes in the grand scheme of things other than to cement the fact that the Republic is in its death throes, but OK.
Next up after Bonds: the entire fan base of the Phillies trying to make their case, with me being the guy on the tape.
*OK, cheap shot. I mean, I work for NBC, and it’s not like we’re living in the days of Cosby-Family Ties-Cheers-Night Court-LA Law anymore ourselves. Still, the highest rated show on the CW is that crap my wife watches with handsome vampires and some girl who looks perpetually confused. No, you’re thinking of the other one. No, not that one either, the other other one about handsome vampires and a perpetually-confused girl. Oh, never mind.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with apparent side injury 1
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 2
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 3
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 30
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)