Aug 19, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
I really don’t watch much TV these days. When I do watch TV it’s usually an entire series at a time on Netflix or something like “Battlestar Galactica,” or “Pushing Daisies” or something. The only shows I actually watch as they’re being broadcast anymore are “Breaking Bad” and “Archer,” and those are on so rarely that I go months without watching stuff other than ballgames.
So, no, I was unaware that Mario Lopez hosts some show on some off-brand network* in which celebrities confront people who hate them. But I now know that Barry Bonds — who is described a friend of Lopez’s, which is just kind of weird when you think about it — will be making an appearance:
Barry Bonds will try to rehabilitate his tarnished image by confronting a fan who hates him on the upcoming reality show “H8R.”
On the show, the MLB home-run king will watch a tape of one of his biggest detractors chewing him out, and then confront his “H8R” — who won’t know the slugger has been watching him — face-to-face.
It’ll be up to Bonds to convince the guy that he isn’t so bad, after all.
OK. I’m not sure what this accomplishes in the grand scheme of things other than to cement the fact that the Republic is in its death throes, but OK.
Next up after Bonds: the entire fan base of the Phillies trying to make their case, with me being the guy on the tape.
*OK, cheap shot. I mean, I work for NBC, and it’s not like we’re living in the days of Cosby-Family Ties-Cheers-Night Court-LA Law anymore ourselves. Still, the highest rated show on the CW is that crap my wife watches with handsome vampires and some girl who looks perpetually confused. No, you’re thinking of the other one. No, not that one either, the other other one about handsome vampires and a perpetually-confused girl. Oh, never mind.
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 0
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 61
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 29
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (157)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)