Aug 19, 2011, 3:03 PM EST
I can’t wait until the playoffs start. Excitement! High stakes! Commercials that get run into the ground!
I doubt we’ll ever see anything as glorious as “her father is the district attorney!” again, but in recent years we have certainly gotten our fair share of MLB-produced promos that seek to brand the playoffs. This years theme: “Legends are born in October“: The link goes to a video. Here’s the upshot:
The campaign will feature the hit song “Written in the Stars” by Tinie Tempah as the backdrop to signature Postseason highlights and memorable moments from the 2011 season. The Postseason heroics of Derek Jeter, Albert Pujols, Roy Halladay, David Ortiz, Brian Wilson, Aaron Boone, Mariano Rivera, Luis Gonzalez and many more will be featured in the campaign.
Oh, so it won’t be a literal thing about legends actually being born in October. Because, you know. John Lackey was born on October 23rd, and I really don’t think that’s what the folks at MLB are going for.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)