Aug 19, 2011, 3:03 PM EST
I can’t wait until the playoffs start. Excitement! High stakes! Commercials that get run into the ground!
I doubt we’ll ever see anything as glorious as “her father is the district attorney!” again, but in recent years we have certainly gotten our fair share of MLB-produced promos that seek to brand the playoffs. This years theme: “Legends are born in October“: The link goes to a video. Here’s the upshot:
The campaign will feature the hit song “Written in the Stars” by Tinie Tempah as the backdrop to signature Postseason highlights and memorable moments from the 2011 season. The Postseason heroics of Derek Jeter, Albert Pujols, Roy Halladay, David Ortiz, Brian Wilson, Aaron Boone, Mariano Rivera, Luis Gonzalez and many more will be featured in the campaign.
Oh, so it won’t be a literal thing about legends actually being born in October. Because, you know. John Lackey was born on October 23rd, and I really don’t think that’s what the folks at MLB are going for.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 2
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 34
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)