Aug 19, 2011, 3:03 PM EDT
I can’t wait until the playoffs start. Excitement! High stakes! Commercials that get run into the ground!
I doubt we’ll ever see anything as glorious as “her father is the district attorney!” again, but in recent years we have certainly gotten our fair share of MLB-produced promos that seek to brand the playoffs. This years theme: “Legends are born in October“: The link goes to a video. Here’s the upshot:
The campaign will feature the hit song “Written in the Stars” by Tinie Tempah as the backdrop to signature Postseason highlights and memorable moments from the 2011 season. The Postseason heroics of Derek Jeter, Albert Pujols, Roy Halladay, David Ortiz, Brian Wilson, Aaron Boone, Mariano Rivera, Luis Gonzalez and many more will be featured in the campaign.
Oh, so it won’t be a literal thing about legends actually being born in October. Because, you know. John Lackey was born on October 23rd, and I really don’t think that’s what the folks at MLB are going for.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)