Aug 19, 2011, 12:48 PM EST
Davis was acquired from the Rangers in the Koji Uehara trade last month, but went just 9-for-40 (.225) with 14 strikeouts in 10 games before being shut down on August 14.
He initially attributed the soreness to sleeping on the shoulder wrong, but an MRI exam revealed rotator cuff and labrum damage and he was placed on the disabled list Tuesday.
Mark Reynolds has moved across the diamond from third base to first base in Davis’ absence, with Josh Bell taking over at third base. And surgery or not, Davis seems unlikely to play again this season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)