Aug 19, 2011, 12:48 PM EST
Davis was acquired from the Rangers in the Koji Uehara trade last month, but went just 9-for-40 (.225) with 14 strikeouts in 10 games before being shut down on August 14.
He initially attributed the soreness to sleeping on the shoulder wrong, but an MRI exam revealed rotator cuff and labrum damage and he was placed on the disabled list Tuesday.
Mark Reynolds has moved across the diamond from third base to first base in Davis’ absence, with Josh Bell taking over at third base. And surgery or not, Davis seems unlikely to play again this season.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40