Aug 19, 2011, 1:03 PM EST
Sam Miller writes about the Angels for the OC Register. So he certainly got to see the Halos woof three of four to the Rangers this week and has watched their playoff hopes fall off a cliff since there were only a game and a half back last week.
But he is not one to despair!
Today he has a list of the six reasons why the Angels will win the division. Reasons like this:
The Angels have about a 6 percent chance of making the playoffs, which is just terrible. But you know what 6 percent is? It’s flipping heads four times in a row. That sounds easy enough. Even Vernon Wells could do that! Even Jeff Mathis could do that, but then he’d probably throw the coin into center field.
Well, maybe not all of the reasons are to be taken totally seriously. And it’s probably worth noting that there are only four reasons, not six. But still, given how often you hear people complaining about their team’s chances this time of year, it’s refreshing to see some friggin’ optimism, even if it’s unhinged, borderline anti-optimism, for a change.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)