Aug 19, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Sam Miller writes about the Angels for the OC Register. So he certainly got to see the Halos woof three of four to the Rangers this week and has watched their playoff hopes fall off a cliff since there were only a game and a half back last week.
But he is not one to despair!
Today he has a list of the six reasons why the Angels will win the division. Reasons like this:
The Angels have about a 6 percent chance of making the playoffs, which is just terrible. But you know what 6 percent is? It’s flipping heads four times in a row. That sounds easy enough. Even Vernon Wells could do that! Even Jeff Mathis could do that, but then he’d probably throw the coin into center field.
Well, maybe not all of the reasons are to be taken totally seriously. And it’s probably worth noting that there are only four reasons, not six. But still, given how often you hear people complaining about their team’s chances this time of year, it’s refreshing to see some friggin’ optimism, even if it’s unhinged, borderline anti-optimism, for a change.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)