Aug 19, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
When Joe DiMaggio hit in his 42nd straight game in 1941 — breaking the old record of 41 — he was presented with a shotgun. Neat! Now that shotgun is up for auction. Double neat! The details of it are set forth in the “Gun Nut” column over at Field & Stream. Which I’m pretty sure is the first time I ever found myself surfing on the Field and Stream website.
I’m not gonna bid. I’m no hunter and have no real use for the thing. Now, if they auction off any special edition Mr. Coffee coffee makers he may have owned, I may be on board.
(link via BTF)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 33
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 31
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32