Aug 19, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
When Joe DiMaggio hit in his 42nd straight game in 1941 — breaking the old record of 41 — he was presented with a shotgun. Neat! Now that shotgun is up for auction. Double neat! The details of it are set forth in the “Gun Nut” column over at Field & Stream. Which I’m pretty sure is the first time I ever found myself surfing on the Field and Stream website.
I’m not gonna bid. I’m no hunter and have no real use for the thing. Now, if they auction off any special edition Mr. Coffee coffee makers he may have owned, I may be on board.
(link via BTF)
- Report: Royals agree to a deal with Omar Infante worth about $30 million over four years 0
- Major League Baseball to investigate Randy Levine for tampering as a result of Mike Trout comment 10
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” 83
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 17
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 60
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)