Aug 19, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
When Joe DiMaggio hit in his 42nd straight game in 1941 — breaking the old record of 41 — he was presented with a shotgun. Neat! Now that shotgun is up for auction. Double neat! The details of it are set forth in the “Gun Nut” column over at Field & Stream. Which I’m pretty sure is the first time I ever found myself surfing on the Field and Stream website.
I’m not gonna bid. I’m no hunter and have no real use for the thing. Now, if they auction off any special edition Mr. Coffee coffee makers he may have owned, I may be on board.
(link via BTF)
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40