Aug 19, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
When Joe DiMaggio hit in his 42nd straight game in 1941 — breaking the old record of 41 — he was presented with a shotgun. Neat! Now that shotgun is up for auction. Double neat! The details of it are set forth in the “Gun Nut” column over at Field & Stream. Which I’m pretty sure is the first time I ever found myself surfing on the Field and Stream website.
I’m not gonna bid. I’m no hunter and have no real use for the thing. Now, if they auction off any special edition Mr. Coffee coffee makers he may have owned, I may be on board.
(link via BTF)
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 15
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 36
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 43
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)