Aug 19, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
When Joe DiMaggio hit in his 42nd straight game in 1941 — breaking the old record of 41 — he was presented with a shotgun. Neat! Now that shotgun is up for auction. Double neat! The details of it are set forth in the “Gun Nut” column over at Field & Stream. Which I’m pretty sure is the first time I ever found myself surfing on the Field and Stream website.
I’m not gonna bid. I’m no hunter and have no real use for the thing. Now, if they auction off any special edition Mr. Coffee coffee makers he may have owned, I may be on board.
(link via BTF)
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17