Aug 19, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
I’m a pretty big Ed Norton fan. Great actor. I’ve heard some stories, though, that he’s hard to deal with on the set. Likes to take control over the script and the direction and stuff and is generally a pain in the rear. It happens. Marlon Brando was the same way and, unlike Norton, Brando would often mail it in, so that’s even worse.
No point to this other than to give me an excuse to link Ed Norton’s birthday wish, as expressed on Twitter, in which he once again seems to want some control over the direction of a production:
“Thanks for all the nice messages. People have been asking what I want for my birthday. This:” Norton wrote on Twitter, linking to a site asking for donations for the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust. He added: “And for Cal Ripken to come back and be Manager and GM of the Orioles and revive our poor team.”
I am Jack’s obvious reference to a franchise icon who, however comforting in theory, likely has no magical answers to what ails the Baltimore Orioles franchise.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20