Aug 19, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
I’m a pretty big Ed Norton fan. Great actor. I’ve heard some stories, though, that he’s hard to deal with on the set. Likes to take control over the script and the direction and stuff and is generally a pain in the rear. It happens. Marlon Brando was the same way and, unlike Norton, Brando would often mail it in, so that’s even worse.
No point to this other than to give me an excuse to link Ed Norton’s birthday wish, as expressed on Twitter, in which he once again seems to want some control over the direction of a production:
“Thanks for all the nice messages. People have been asking what I want for my birthday. This:” Norton wrote on Twitter, linking to a site asking for donations for the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust. He added: “And for Cal Ripken to come back and be Manager and GM of the Orioles and revive our poor team.”
I am Jack’s obvious reference to a franchise icon who, however comforting in theory, likely has no magical answers to what ails the Baltimore Orioles franchise.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 47
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 35
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 52
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)