Aug 19, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
I’m a pretty big Ed Norton fan. Great actor. I’ve heard some stories, though, that he’s hard to deal with on the set. Likes to take control over the script and the direction and stuff and is generally a pain in the rear. It happens. Marlon Brando was the same way and, unlike Norton, Brando would often mail it in, so that’s even worse.
No point to this other than to give me an excuse to link Ed Norton’s birthday wish, as expressed on Twitter, in which he once again seems to want some control over the direction of a production:
“Thanks for all the nice messages. People have been asking what I want for my birthday. This:” Norton wrote on Twitter, linking to a site asking for donations for the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust. He added: “And for Cal Ripken to come back and be Manager and GM of the Orioles and revive our poor team.”
I am Jack’s obvious reference to a franchise icon who, however comforting in theory, likely has no magical answers to what ails the Baltimore Orioles franchise.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)