Aug 19, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
I’m a pretty big Ed Norton fan. Great actor. I’ve heard some stories, though, that he’s hard to deal with on the set. Likes to take control over the script and the direction and stuff and is generally a pain in the rear. It happens. Marlon Brando was the same way and, unlike Norton, Brando would often mail it in, so that’s even worse.
No point to this other than to give me an excuse to link Ed Norton’s birthday wish, as expressed on Twitter, in which he once again seems to want some control over the direction of a production:
“Thanks for all the nice messages. People have been asking what I want for my birthday. This:” Norton wrote on Twitter, linking to a site asking for donations for the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust. He added: “And for Cal Ripken to come back and be Manager and GM of the Orioles and revive our poor team.”
I am Jack’s obvious reference to a franchise icon who, however comforting in theory, likely has no magical answers to what ails the Baltimore Orioles franchise.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (96)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)