Aug 20, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Giants have officially scratched Sanchez from Sunday’s start. Dan Runzler will get the ball in his place.
12:40 PM: The injury-riddled Giants have lost back-to-back games and still aren’t sure who is going to start for them tomorrow.
Jonathan Sanchez tested his injured left ankle by throwing off flat ground before last night’s loss to the Astros, but Giants manager Bruce Bochy told Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News that the session went “just all right.”
Sanchez left Tuesday’s start against the Braves after spraining his left ankle while fielding a sacrifice bunt. The Giants will determine later today whether he’ll be able to make the start tomorrow. If he isn’t well enough to go, the Giants will likely look to left-hander Dan Runzler, someone who has never made a start in the major leagues.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (89)