Aug 20, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Giants have officially scratched Sanchez from Sunday’s start. Dan Runzler will get the ball in his place.
12:40 PM: The injury-riddled Giants have lost back-to-back games and still aren’t sure who is going to start for them tomorrow.
Jonathan Sanchez tested his injured left ankle by throwing off flat ground before last night’s loss to the Astros, but Giants manager Bruce Bochy told Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News that the session went “just all right.”
Sanchez left Tuesday’s start against the Braves after spraining his left ankle while fielding a sacrifice bunt. The Giants will determine later today whether he’ll be able to make the start tomorrow. If he isn’t well enough to go, the Giants will likely look to left-hander Dan Runzler, someone who has never made a start in the major leagues.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 153
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (154)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)