Aug 20, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Giants have officially scratched Sanchez from Sunday’s start. Dan Runzler will get the ball in his place.
12:40 PM: The injury-riddled Giants have lost back-to-back games and still aren’t sure who is going to start for them tomorrow.
Jonathan Sanchez tested his injured left ankle by throwing off flat ground before last night’s loss to the Astros, but Giants manager Bruce Bochy told Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News that the session went “just all right.”
Sanchez left Tuesday’s start against the Braves after spraining his left ankle while fielding a sacrifice bunt. The Giants will determine later today whether he’ll be able to make the start tomorrow. If he isn’t well enough to go, the Giants will likely look to left-hander Dan Runzler, someone who has never made a start in the major leagues.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 41
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (80)