Aug 20, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Giants have officially scratched Sanchez from Sunday’s start. Dan Runzler will get the ball in his place.
12:40 PM: The injury-riddled Giants have lost back-to-back games and still aren’t sure who is going to start for them tomorrow.
Jonathan Sanchez tested his injured left ankle by throwing off flat ground before last night’s loss to the Astros, but Giants manager Bruce Bochy told Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News that the session went “just all right.”
Sanchez left Tuesday’s start against the Braves after spraining his left ankle while fielding a sacrifice bunt. The Giants will determine later today whether he’ll be able to make the start tomorrow. If he isn’t well enough to go, the Giants will likely look to left-hander Dan Runzler, someone who has never made a start in the major leagues.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 49
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 8
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 36
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)