Aug 21, 2011, 12:47 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez is finally back in action.
According to Jack Curry of the YES Network, the veteran third baseman was activated from the 15-day disabled list before Sunday’s series finale against the Twins. He’s manning the hot corner and batting cleanup in his first big league game since July 7.
A-Rod missed about five weeks while recovering from surgery to repair a slightly torn meniscus in his right knee. The 35-year-old has a .295/.366/.485 batting line with 13 home runs and 52 RBI through 344 plate appearances this season.
Rodriguez went 4-for-11 with a double and a home run during a four-game minor league rehab assignment.
The Yankees optioned left-hander Aaron Laffey to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre to clear roster space.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)