Aug 21, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
Courtesy of MLB.com’s Steve Gilbert, here’s Diamondbacks star Justin Upton relaxing at manager Kirk Gibson’s desk (the wine looks nice, Kirk) before Sunday’s series finale against the Braves. The Diamondbacks are 2 1/2 games up in the National League West, but have suddenly dropped four straight.
Upton, 23, is batting .299/.372/.549 with 25 home runs, 77 RBI and 19 stolen bases.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)