Aug 21, 2011, 1:22 PM EST
Courtesy of MLB.com’s Steve Gilbert, here’s Diamondbacks star Justin Upton relaxing at manager Kirk Gibson’s desk (the wine looks nice, Kirk) before Sunday’s series finale against the Braves. The Diamondbacks are 2 1/2 games up in the National League West, but have suddenly dropped four straight.
Upton, 23, is batting .299/.372/.549 with 25 home runs, 77 RBI and 19 stolen bases.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)