Aug 21, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
Courtesy of MLB.com’s Steve Gilbert, here’s Diamondbacks star Justin Upton relaxing at manager Kirk Gibson’s desk (the wine looks nice, Kirk) before Sunday’s series finale against the Braves. The Diamondbacks are 2 1/2 games up in the National League West, but have suddenly dropped four straight.
Upton, 23, is batting .299/.372/.549 with 25 home runs, 77 RBI and 19 stolen bases.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 31
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 8
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)