Aug 22, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Last month the A’s had a Rich Harden trade worked out, only to have the Red Sox back away because of concerns about his health.
And now Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that the A’s put Harden on waivers only to pull him back when the Indians claimed him and “couldn’t work out a deal.”
That means Harden is no longer eligible to be traded and will finish the season in Oakland after throwing 53 innings with a 3.91 ERA and 60/24 K/BB ratio.
Cleveland will presumably continue to be on the lookout for a veteran starter, although the Indians are now 4.5 games back in the AL Central and in danger of falling into third place.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights