Aug 22, 2011, 12:47 PM EST
Francisco stopped throwing and the Blue Jays instead let Casey Janssen finish the game by pitching a third inning.
Today is an off day for the Blue Jays, but Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Francisco will likely be examined by doctors before being cleared to pitch Tuesday, with a trip to the disabled list potentially looming.
Francisco has pitched very well since losing his closer job to Rauch in mid-July, allowing just one run in 13 innings with an 11/1 K/BB ratio, but he has a history of arm problems and spent time on the DL earlier this season with a strained pectoral muscle that was initially classified as a shoulder injury.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)