Aug 22, 2011, 12:47 PM EDT
Francisco stopped throwing and the Blue Jays instead let Casey Janssen finish the game by pitching a third inning.
Today is an off day for the Blue Jays, but Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Francisco will likely be examined by doctors before being cleared to pitch Tuesday, with a trip to the disabled list potentially looming.
Francisco has pitched very well since losing his closer job to Rauch in mid-July, allowing just one run in 13 innings with an 11/1 K/BB ratio, but he has a history of arm problems and spent time on the DL earlier this season with a strained pectoral muscle that was initially classified as a shoulder injury.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 2
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 69
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)