Aug 22, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
It looks like the banged-up Boston offense will soon get a boost.
The Boston Herald’s Scott Lauber also reports that David Ortiz will take batting practice and then have his heel examined to see if he permanently take the walking boot off his injured right foot. He won’t return until Wednesday at the earliest and perhaps not until the weekend.
Unlike the other two, Drew won’t be welcomed back with an everyday job awaiting him. However, with Josh Reddick slumping, Drew might be able to stake a claim to a piece of the right-field job if he impresses in the minors. Reddick is hitting .226/.281/.358 with two homers and four RBI in 53 at-bats this month.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 4
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 10
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)