Aug 22, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
It looks like the banged-up Boston offense will soon get a boost.
The Boston Herald’s Scott Lauber also reports that David Ortiz will take batting practice and then have his heel examined to see if he permanently take the walking boot off his injured right foot. He won’t return until Wednesday at the earliest and perhaps not until the weekend.
Unlike the other two, Drew won’t be welcomed back with an everyday job awaiting him. However, with Josh Reddick slumping, Drew might be able to stake a claim to a piece of the right-field job if he impresses in the minors. Reddick is hitting .226/.281/.358 with two homers and four RBI in 53 at-bats this month.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20