Aug 22, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
According to Rollins’ tweet he’s been diagnosed with a mild, Grade 2 strain, which means he might be able to return from the DL when eligible in early September.
Philadelphia leads the NL East by 6.5 games and is also 6.5 games up on both Milwaukee and Atlanta for the NL’s best record, so the Phillies can certainly afford to play it safe with his recovery timetable while Wilson Valdez fills in at shortstop.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)