Aug 22, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
According to Rollins’ tweet he’s been diagnosed with a mild, Grade 2 strain, which means he might be able to return from the DL when eligible in early September.
Philadelphia leads the NL East by 6.5 games and is also 6.5 games up on both Milwaukee and Atlanta for the NL’s best record, so the Phillies can certainly afford to play it safe with his recovery timetable while Wilson Valdez fills in at shortstop.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)