Aug 22, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
According to Rollins’ tweet he’s been diagnosed with a mild, Grade 2 strain, which means he might be able to return from the DL when eligible in early September.
Philadelphia leads the NL East by 6.5 games and is also 6.5 games up on both Milwaukee and Atlanta for the NL’s best record, so the Phillies can certainly afford to play it safe with his recovery timetable while Wilson Valdez fills in at shortstop.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)