Aug 22, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
According to Rollins’ tweet he’s been diagnosed with a mild, Grade 2 strain, which means he might be able to return from the DL when eligible in early September.
Philadelphia leads the NL East by 6.5 games and is also 6.5 games up on both Milwaukee and Atlanta for the NL’s best record, so the Phillies can certainly afford to play it safe with his recovery timetable while Wilson Valdez fills in at shortstop.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)