Aug 22, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
Batlimore’s Chris Davis, who is currently on the disabled list with a partially torn right labrum, has complicated the July 30 Koji Uehara trade by saying the shoulder started bothering him when he was with Texas.
Such a statement could be considered grounds for reworking the deal that sent Davis and right-hander Tommy Hunter to the Orioles for their primary setup man. Davis, though, has added that he never told anyone on the Rangers about the shoulder injury or sought treatment for it.
So, the Rangers did nothing wrong at all. Still, GM Jon Daniels did reach out to Orioles president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail upon hearing the news, MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports. It looks like nothing will be done about the deal now, but that might change if Davis eventually needs surgery.
“Andy was very clear he didn’t have any issues with us and the way things were handled,” Daniels said. “We’ll stay in touch. It might be something we revisit but there are no plans at this point.”
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)