Aug 22, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
Batlimore’s Chris Davis, who is currently on the disabled list with a partially torn right labrum, has complicated the July 30 Koji Uehara trade by saying the shoulder started bothering him when he was with Texas.
Such a statement could be considered grounds for reworking the deal that sent Davis and right-hander Tommy Hunter to the Orioles for their primary setup man. Davis, though, has added that he never told anyone on the Rangers about the shoulder injury or sought treatment for it.
So, the Rangers did nothing wrong at all. Still, GM Jon Daniels did reach out to Orioles president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail upon hearing the news, MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports. It looks like nothing will be done about the deal now, but that might change if Davis eventually needs surgery.
“Andy was very clear he didn’t have any issues with us and the way things were handled,” Daniels said. “We’ll stay in touch. It might be something we revisit but there are no plans at this point.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)