Aug 22, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
Batlimore’s Chris Davis, who is currently on the disabled list with a partially torn right labrum, has complicated the July 30 Koji Uehara trade by saying the shoulder started bothering him when he was with Texas.
Such a statement could be considered grounds for reworking the deal that sent Davis and right-hander Tommy Hunter to the Orioles for their primary setup man. Davis, though, has added that he never told anyone on the Rangers about the shoulder injury or sought treatment for it.
So, the Rangers did nothing wrong at all. Still, GM Jon Daniels did reach out to Orioles president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail upon hearing the news, MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports. It looks like nothing will be done about the deal now, but that might change if Davis eventually needs surgery.
“Andy was very clear he didn’t have any issues with us and the way things were handled,” Daniels said. “We’ll stay in touch. It might be something we revisit but there are no plans at this point.”
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 57
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?