Aug 22, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
Batlimore’s Chris Davis, who is currently on the disabled list with a partially torn right labrum, has complicated the July 30 Koji Uehara trade by saying the shoulder started bothering him when he was with Texas.
Such a statement could be considered grounds for reworking the deal that sent Davis and right-hander Tommy Hunter to the Orioles for their primary setup man. Davis, though, has added that he never told anyone on the Rangers about the shoulder injury or sought treatment for it.
So, the Rangers did nothing wrong at all. Still, GM Jon Daniels did reach out to Orioles president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail upon hearing the news, MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports. It looks like nothing will be done about the deal now, but that might change if Davis eventually needs surgery.
“Andy was very clear he didn’t have any issues with us and the way things were handled,” Daniels said. “We’ll stay in touch. It might be something we revisit but there are no plans at this point.”
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 49
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)