Aug 22, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
Batlimore’s Chris Davis, who is currently on the disabled list with a partially torn right labrum, has complicated the July 30 Koji Uehara trade by saying the shoulder started bothering him when he was with Texas.
Such a statement could be considered grounds for reworking the deal that sent Davis and right-hander Tommy Hunter to the Orioles for their primary setup man. Davis, though, has added that he never told anyone on the Rangers about the shoulder injury or sought treatment for it.
So, the Rangers did nothing wrong at all. Still, GM Jon Daniels did reach out to Orioles president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail upon hearing the news, MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports. It looks like nothing will be done about the deal now, but that might change if Davis eventually needs surgery.
“Andy was very clear he didn’t have any issues with us and the way things were handled,” Daniels said. “We’ll stay in touch. It might be something we revisit but there are no plans at this point.”
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 60
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)