Aug 23, 2011, 9:32 AM EDT
Gentlemen: start your references to this being a microcosm for the Mets’ season … now!
Angel Pagan was due up in the fifth inning of last night’s Mets-Phillies game and … was nowhere to be found. Seems that nature called. I like the way Andy Martino put it in the Daily News: “Turns out, the center fielder felt a rumble at the end of the fourth. It arrived suddenly, and with great force.” Mmmm, vivid!
Here’s Terry Collins’ version of it:
“(Pagan) came in, sitting on the bench, and all of a sudden didn’t feel good and went to the bathroom,” the manager said. “Didn’t even have time to tell me he was sick.”
Pagan finally made it to bat, grounded out and then was pulled from the game by Collins. Because while there’s no law that says you can’t get a case of Montezuma’s revenge during a ballgame, you had darn well better tell your manager about it when it happens.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 10
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights