Aug 23, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT
Don’t you feel bad now about making jokes about Angel Pagan being in the bathroom when he was supposed to be at bat last night? Wait, you didn’t make jokes about it? Only I did? Well then.
Anyway, Andy Martino’s sources tell him that it wasn’t just a bad burrito that got to Pagan but, rather, he has colitis and has suffered with it for several years. I knew someone who had it — more acute, while Pagan’s would seem to be chronic — but boy howdy, you wouldn’t wish it on your worst enemy.
So, sorry Angel. Here’s hoping you don’t have to deal with that stuff during a ballgame again.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 1
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 134
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)