Aug 23, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT
Don’t you feel bad now about making jokes about Angel Pagan being in the bathroom when he was supposed to be at bat last night? Wait, you didn’t make jokes about it? Only I did? Well then.
Anyway, Andy Martino’s sources tell him that it wasn’t just a bad burrito that got to Pagan but, rather, he has colitis and has suffered with it for several years. I knew someone who had it — more acute, while Pagan’s would seem to be chronic — but boy howdy, you wouldn’t wish it on your worst enemy.
So, sorry Angel. Here’s hoping you don’t have to deal with that stuff during a ballgame again.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 72
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)