Angel Pagan has colitis

Aug 23, 2011, 5:38 PM EST

Washington Nationals v New York Mets Getty Images

Don’t you feel bad now about making jokes about Angel Pagan being in the bathroom when he was supposed to be at bat last night?  Wait, you didn’t make jokes about it? Only I did?  Well then.

Anyway, Andy Martino’s sources tell him that it wasn’t just a bad burrito that got to Pagan but, rather, he has colitis and has suffered with it for several years.  I knew someone who had it — more acute, while Pagan’s would seem to be chronic — but boy howdy, you wouldn’t wish it on your worst enemy.

So, sorry Angel. Here’s hoping you don’t have to deal with that stuff during a ballgame again.

1. RedHeadedBastard - Aug 23, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Colitis sucks.

2. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 23, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Poo is really funny except when it isn’t.

• halladaysbiceps - Aug 23, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Except if it’s Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo. If you have a lot of fiber in your diet and it’s Christmas, he pays you a visit.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 23, 2011 at 5:51 PM

That would be the funnier side of poo…. Pagan’s poo problems pick at the predominately pessimistic portion of poo pieces.

• halladaysbiceps - Aug 23, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Funnier side of poo…I didn’t realise there could be mutiple sides to poo. I always thought that it was cylindrical.

3. kopy - Aug 23, 2011 at 6:15 PM

I can’t be the only person that read it as “coitus” right away, right?

• Utley's Hair - Aug 23, 2011 at 7:34 PM

I did not read that—but thanks for giving me that mental image.

I did, however read “Josh Hamilton goes hunting, takes drugs, kills a deer.” Upon further review, he was just TALKing about them, rather than taking them.

• Brian Murphy - Aug 23, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I unfortunately read both of those headlines with those exact errors. I think I’m going to call it a night from HBT. My eyes are clearly rebelling. But I’ll be back tomorrow …

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (5183)
  2. M. Kemp (3085)
  3. C. McGehee (2767)
  4. W. Middlebrooks (2759)
  5. J. Upton (2637)