Aug 23, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT
Don’t you feel bad now about making jokes about Angel Pagan being in the bathroom when he was supposed to be at bat last night? Wait, you didn’t make jokes about it? Only I did? Well then.
Anyway, Andy Martino’s sources tell him that it wasn’t just a bad burrito that got to Pagan but, rather, he has colitis and has suffered with it for several years. I knew someone who had it — more acute, while Pagan’s would seem to be chronic — but boy howdy, you wouldn’t wish it on your worst enemy.
So, sorry Angel. Here’s hoping you don’t have to deal with that stuff during a ballgame again.
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 26
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 67
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (158)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)