Aug 23, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT
Don’t you feel bad now about making jokes about Angel Pagan being in the bathroom when he was supposed to be at bat last night? Wait, you didn’t make jokes about it? Only I did? Well then.
Anyway, Andy Martino’s sources tell him that it wasn’t just a bad burrito that got to Pagan but, rather, he has colitis and has suffered with it for several years. I knew someone who had it — more acute, while Pagan’s would seem to be chronic — but boy howdy, you wouldn’t wish it on your worst enemy.
So, sorry Angel. Here’s hoping you don’t have to deal with that stuff during a ballgame again.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)