Aug 23, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
This is one of those deals where you don’t need much more than the headline. But let no man say we don’t cover it all here at HBT:
The game took an odd twist with two outs in the eighth when Cardinals left fielder Matt Holliday walked off the field holding his right ear. A moth had gotten stuck in his ear, and a Cardinals trainer tried to assist Holliday as he walked to the dugout. Holliday was taken into a dark room and a light was put to his ear, trying to lure the moth out, Cardinals spokesman Brian Bartow said. When that didn’t work, an instrument was used to pry the live moth out of Holliday’s ear.
And because we live in a bold world in which technology makes anything possible and we are limited by only our imaginations, we get this: a Twitter account for the moth.
In other news: ick.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (90)