Aug 23, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
This is one of those deals where you don’t need much more than the headline. But let no man say we don’t cover it all here at HBT:
The game took an odd twist with two outs in the eighth when Cardinals left fielder Matt Holliday walked off the field holding his right ear. A moth had gotten stuck in his ear, and a Cardinals trainer tried to assist Holliday as he walked to the dugout. Holliday was taken into a dark room and a light was put to his ear, trying to lure the moth out, Cardinals spokesman Brian Bartow said. When that didn’t work, an instrument was used to pry the live moth out of Holliday’s ear.
And because we live in a bold world in which technology makes anything possible and we are limited by only our imaginations, we get this: a Twitter account for the moth.
In other news: ick.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 27
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)