Aug 23, 2011, 5:03 PM EDT
Jose Constanza, who has been ridin’ the wave, turned his ankle last night and has a mild sprain. That has him out of the lineup against the Cubs tonight, which means that — wonder of wonders — Jason Heyward gets a start. Of course, since this is Heyward and he’s in everyone’s dog house these days, Fredi Gonzalez has him batting him eighth.
Oh, wait. Constanza had been batting eighth? And Heyward, despite my man-crush, is still stuggling like no one’s business? Damn, it’s really hard when reality doesn’t coincide with all of your prejudices, ya know?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 30
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)