Aug 23, 2011, 5:03 PM EST
Jose Constanza, who has been ridin’ the wave, turned his ankle last night and has a mild sprain. That has him out of the lineup against the Cubs tonight, which means that — wonder of wonders — Jason Heyward gets a start. Of course, since this is Heyward and he’s in everyone’s dog house these days, Fredi Gonzalez has him batting him eighth.
Oh, wait. Constanza had been batting eighth? And Heyward, despite my man-crush, is still stuggling like no one’s business? Damn, it’s really hard when reality doesn’t coincide with all of your prejudices, ya know?
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 19
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 95
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (96)