Aug 23, 2011, 5:03 PM EDT
Jose Constanza, who has been ridin’ the wave, turned his ankle last night and has a mild sprain. That has him out of the lineup against the Cubs tonight, which means that — wonder of wonders — Jason Heyward gets a start. Of course, since this is Heyward and he’s in everyone’s dog house these days, Fredi Gonzalez has him batting him eighth.
Oh, wait. Constanza had been batting eighth? And Heyward, despite my man-crush, is still stuggling like no one’s business? Damn, it’s really hard when reality doesn’t coincide with all of your prejudices, ya know?
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 53
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 29
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)