Aug 23, 2011, 5:03 PM EST
Jose Constanza, who has been ridin’ the wave, turned his ankle last night and has a mild sprain. That has him out of the lineup against the Cubs tonight, which means that — wonder of wonders — Jason Heyward gets a start. Of course, since this is Heyward and he’s in everyone’s dog house these days, Fredi Gonzalez has him batting him eighth.
Oh, wait. Constanza had been batting eighth? And Heyward, despite my man-crush, is still stuggling like no one’s business? Damn, it’s really hard when reality doesn’t coincide with all of your prejudices, ya know?
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (116)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)