Aug 23, 2011, 6:57 PM EST
Good thing I already have a macro for this one…
Right-hander Mark Prior was scratched from his scheduled appearance with the GCL Yankees on Tuesday because of shoulder discomfort.
Prior had made six appearances in the Rookie league over the past 2 1/2 weeks, allowing one run and two hits in six innings. He struck out 12 and walked two in that span. Unfortunately, his shoulder has once again let him down.
Even though his velocity isn’t what it was, Prior has shown major league ability while on the mound this season. Of course, he’s pitched just 12 innings after missing most of the first half with a groin injury. Plus, he hasn’t tried working on back-to-back days and he’s gone multiple innings just once, so he hasn’t undergone any of the tests he’d need to pass in order to actually land a spot on a major league roster.
Hopefully, Prior decides to keep at it next year, because he is closer to pulling off a successful comeback now than he has been at any point in the last five years. That doesn’t mean it will happen, but it’d be nice to at least see him come back and contribute as a middle reliever or a setup man.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 272
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (275)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)