Aug 23, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
Good thing I already have a macro for this one…
Right-hander Mark Prior was scratched from his scheduled appearance with the GCL Yankees on Tuesday because of shoulder discomfort.
Prior had made six appearances in the Rookie league over the past 2 1/2 weeks, allowing one run and two hits in six innings. He struck out 12 and walked two in that span. Unfortunately, his shoulder has once again let him down.
Even though his velocity isn’t what it was, Prior has shown major league ability while on the mound this season. Of course, he’s pitched just 12 innings after missing most of the first half with a groin injury. Plus, he hasn’t tried working on back-to-back days and he’s gone multiple innings just once, so he hasn’t undergone any of the tests he’d need to pass in order to actually land a spot on a major league roster.
Hopefully, Prior decides to keep at it next year, because he is closer to pulling off a successful comeback now than he has been at any point in the last five years. That doesn’t mean it will happen, but it’d be nice to at least see him come back and contribute as a middle reliever or a setup man.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (105)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)