Aug 23, 2011, 9:12 AM EST
All but eight teams get eliminated eventually, but it’s probably worth noting that the Astros were the first. They’re 34 games back of the Brewers, who only have 32 games left to play. Seems pretty early for elimination, but that’s the 2011 Astros for you.
Next up on the elimination list is Baltimore, who – thanks to MLB.com’s handy elimination column on their standings — we see are nine games from playoff death.
(thanks to reader deepstblu for pointing out the elimination standings thing)
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 10
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 133
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (128)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)