Aug 23, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
All but eight teams get eliminated eventually, but it’s probably worth noting that the Astros were the first. They’re 34 games back of the Brewers, who only have 32 games left to play. Seems pretty early for elimination, but that’s the 2011 Astros for you.
Next up on the elimination list is Baltimore, who – thanks to MLB.com’s handy elimination column on their standings — we see are nine games from playoff death.
(thanks to reader deepstblu for pointing out the elimination standings thing)
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 24
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 109
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)