Aug 23, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
All but eight teams get eliminated eventually, but it’s probably worth noting that the Astros were the first. They’re 34 games back of the Brewers, who only have 32 games left to play. Seems pretty early for elimination, but that’s the 2011 Astros for you.
Next up on the elimination list is Baltimore, who – thanks to MLB.com’s handy elimination column on their standings — we see are nine games from playoff death.
(thanks to reader deepstblu for pointing out the elimination standings thing)
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming