Aug 23, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
All but eight teams get eliminated eventually, but it’s probably worth noting that the Astros were the first. They’re 34 games back of the Brewers, who only have 32 games left to play. Seems pretty early for elimination, but that’s the 2011 Astros for you.
Next up on the elimination list is Baltimore, who – thanks to MLB.com’s handy elimination column on their standings — we see are nine games from playoff death.
(thanks to reader deepstblu for pointing out the elimination standings thing)
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17