Aug 23, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
Joel Sherman notes today that the Yankees are likely to be involved in the bidding on Japanese pitcher Yu Darvish, who is expected to come to the United States next season. As Sherman notes, this is somewhat interesting given how the Yankees have been burned in the high-priced Japanese pitching market before. See, Irabu, Hideki and Igawa, Kei, but nothing ventured nothing gained, I suppose.
Less interesting, from the same column, is Sherman’s take on CC Sabathia:
Speaking of Sabathia, how the Yankees handle his potential free agency after this season will be interesting if he continues to pitch as less than an ace the rest of the way. Sabathia has allowed 10 hits in three of his past four starts, all in August.
Call me crazy, but I’m going to guess that the likelihood that Sabathia’s current less-than-acey streak will have approximately 0.0000% influence on what the Yankees do with him long term.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld