Aug 23, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
Joel Sherman notes today that the Yankees are likely to be involved in the bidding on Japanese pitcher Yu Darvish, who is expected to come to the United States next season. As Sherman notes, this is somewhat interesting given how the Yankees have been burned in the high-priced Japanese pitching market before. See, Irabu, Hideki and Igawa, Kei, but nothing ventured nothing gained, I suppose.
Less interesting, from the same column, is Sherman’s take on CC Sabathia:
Speaking of Sabathia, how the Yankees handle his potential free agency after this season will be interesting if he continues to pitch as less than an ace the rest of the way. Sabathia has allowed 10 hits in three of his past four starts, all in August.
Call me crazy, but I’m going to guess that the likelihood that Sabathia’s current less-than-acey streak will have approximately 0.0000% influence on what the Yankees do with him long term.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 47
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 31
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld