Aug 23, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
Joel Sherman notes today that the Yankees are likely to be involved in the bidding on Japanese pitcher Yu Darvish, who is expected to come to the United States next season. As Sherman notes, this is somewhat interesting given how the Yankees have been burned in the high-priced Japanese pitching market before. See, Irabu, Hideki and Igawa, Kei, but nothing ventured nothing gained, I suppose.
Less interesting, from the same column, is Sherman’s take on CC Sabathia:
Speaking of Sabathia, how the Yankees handle his potential free agency after this season will be interesting if he continues to pitch as less than an ace the rest of the way. Sabathia has allowed 10 hits in three of his past four starts, all in August.
Call me crazy, but I’m going to guess that the likelihood that Sabathia’s current less-than-acey streak will have approximately 0.0000% influence on what the Yankees do with him long term.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld