Aug 24, 2011, 8:23 AM EST
They ran tests and everything came back fine, so he was released late last night. It was apparently muscular-related and not a cardiopulmonary thing.
Here’s what he tweeted at about 2AM:
Back from hospital. Wasn’t as serious as it sounded. Glad everything is in order. Appreciate the support and well wishes. Back at it mañana.
I’m guessing that means he’s OK.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)