Aug 24, 2011, 10:34 PM EDT
The bearded one is on his way back.
If it goes well, he will be cleared for more strenuous throwing workouts by the weekend and could begin tossing bullpen sessions by early next week.
Wilson was placed on the disabled list Sunday with inflammation in his throwing elbow. The move was made retroactive to August 16, however, so the right-hander will be eligible to return before September.
Wilson, 29, has posted an effective 3.19 ERA and 52/31 K/BB ratio through 53 2/3 innings this season, converting 35-of-40 save opportunities. He should be rested and ready for the stretch run.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)