Aug 24, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
Bryan Stow had been showing some signs of improvement in recent weeks, but as Jessica Pasko reports in the Mercury-News, he has suffered setbacks. Infections, to be precise. Both urinary tract and staph infections. His temperature has spiked to 104 at times.
Anyone who has had a loved one in the hospital knows just how frustrating these long hospital stays can be. So often the side effects and complications inherent in the treatment are as much if not more perilous than the underlying malady.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 24
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 45
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 66
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 54
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (103)