Aug 24, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
Bryan Stow had been showing some signs of improvement in recent weeks, but as Jessica Pasko reports in the Mercury-News, he has suffered setbacks. Infections, to be precise. Both urinary tract and staph infections. His temperature has spiked to 104 at times.
Anyone who has had a loved one in the hospital knows just how frustrating these long hospital stays can be. So often the side effects and complications inherent in the treatment are as much if not more perilous than the underlying malady.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)