Aug 24, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
Bryan Stow had been showing some signs of improvement in recent weeks, but as Jessica Pasko reports in the Mercury-News, he has suffered setbacks. Infections, to be precise. Both urinary tract and staph infections. His temperature has spiked to 104 at times.
Anyone who has had a loved one in the hospital knows just how frustrating these long hospital stays can be. So often the side effects and complications inherent in the treatment are as much if not more perilous than the underlying malady.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)