Aug 24, 2011, 12:32 PM EST
Bryan Stow had been showing some signs of improvement in recent weeks, but as Jessica Pasko reports in the Mercury-News, he has suffered setbacks. Infections, to be precise. Both urinary tract and staph infections. His temperature has spiked to 104 at times.
Anyone who has had a loved one in the hospital knows just how frustrating these long hospital stays can be. So often the side effects and complications inherent in the treatment are as much if not more perilous than the underlying malady.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27