Aug 24, 2011, 12:32 PM EST
Bryan Stow had been showing some signs of improvement in recent weeks, but as Jessica Pasko reports in the Mercury-News, he has suffered setbacks. Infections, to be precise. Both urinary tract and staph infections. His temperature has spiked to 104 at times.
Anyone who has had a loved one in the hospital knows just how frustrating these long hospital stays can be. So often the side effects and complications inherent in the treatment are as much if not more perilous than the underlying malady.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)