Aug 24, 2011, 9:14 AM EST
Braves closer Craig Kimbrel notched his 40th save to tie the major league rookie record set last season by Neftali Feliz. He leads the majors in saves. The guy has been nearly untouchable all summer, and and has now tossed 31 and two-thirds straight scoreless innings since June 11. During that time he has been perfect in 22 save opportunities.
I’m assuming that the Heyward bobble will trump the Heyward grand slam in Fredi Gonzalez’s mind when he makes out the lineup card tonight.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 25
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)