Aug 24, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
Braves closer Craig Kimbrel notched his 40th save to tie the major league rookie record set last season by Neftali Feliz. He leads the majors in saves. The guy has been nearly untouchable all summer, and and has now tossed 31 and two-thirds straight scoreless innings since June 11. During that time he has been perfect in 22 save opportunities.
I’m assuming that the Heyward bobble will trump the Heyward grand slam in Fredi Gonzalez’s mind when he makes out the lineup card tonight.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 71
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)