Aug 24, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
Braves closer Craig Kimbrel notched his 40th save to tie the major league rookie record set last season by Neftali Feliz. He leads the majors in saves. The guy has been nearly untouchable all summer, and and has now tossed 31 and two-thirds straight scoreless innings since June 11. During that time he has been perfect in 22 save opportunities.
I’m assuming that the Heyward bobble will trump the Heyward grand slam in Fredi Gonzalez’s mind when he makes out the lineup card tonight.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 61
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)