Aug 24, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
Braves closer Craig Kimbrel notched his 40th save to tie the major league rookie record set last season by Neftali Feliz. He leads the majors in saves. The guy has been nearly untouchable all summer, and and has now tossed 31 and two-thirds straight scoreless innings since June 11. During that time he has been perfect in 22 save opportunities.
I’m assuming that the Heyward bobble will trump the Heyward grand slam in Fredi Gonzalez’s mind when he makes out the lineup card tonight.
- J.A. Happ is thriving with the Pirates 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 44
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 68
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 149
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (148)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)