Aug 24, 2011, 9:14 AM EST
Braves closer Craig Kimbrel notched his 40th save to tie the major league rookie record set last season by Neftali Feliz. He leads the majors in saves. The guy has been nearly untouchable all summer, and and has now tossed 31 and two-thirds straight scoreless innings since June 11. During that time he has been perfect in 22 save opportunities.
I’m assuming that the Heyward bobble will trump the Heyward grand slam in Fredi Gonzalez’s mind when he makes out the lineup card tonight.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)