Aug 24, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
I’ve talked about my love-hate relationship with T.J. Simers before. Sometimes he’s nasty, cheap and intolerable. Sometimes, though, he’s pretty funny. Today is a good day.
Seems the Dodgers have sent out fan surveys about their announcing crew. Which is pretty cool. Nothin’ wrong with getting fan feedback. Except, as Simers notes, it’s a bit awkward in that it includes Vin Scully. And Vin Scully is not exactly a guy who is or should be subject to fan referendum at this point in his illustrious career. Any negative feedback he receives is almost, by definition, insane. He’s the beloved tenured professor who isn’t gonna have anything bad happen to him if an undergrad says his exams were too hard during evaluations. But he’s on the survey anyway because it would probably make Charlie Steiner and Steve Lyons and those other guys feel bad if they were reminded so clearly that they are not the top dog.
Anyway, Simers fills out a survey for Scully and the results are funny, clever and have the enjoyable effect of slamming the McCourts even though this column isn’t really about them. Can’t ask for much more.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 139
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 133
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (139)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)