Aug 24, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
I’ve talked about my love-hate relationship with T.J. Simers before. Sometimes he’s nasty, cheap and intolerable. Sometimes, though, he’s pretty funny. Today is a good day.
Seems the Dodgers have sent out fan surveys about their announcing crew. Which is pretty cool. Nothin’ wrong with getting fan feedback. Except, as Simers notes, it’s a bit awkward in that it includes Vin Scully. And Vin Scully is not exactly a guy who is or should be subject to fan referendum at this point in his illustrious career. Any negative feedback he receives is almost, by definition, insane. He’s the beloved tenured professor who isn’t gonna have anything bad happen to him if an undergrad says his exams were too hard during evaluations. But he’s on the survey anyway because it would probably make Charlie Steiner and Steve Lyons and those other guys feel bad if they were reminded so clearly that they are not the top dog.
Anyway, Simers fills out a survey for Scully and the results are funny, clever and have the enjoyable effect of slamming the McCourts even though this column isn’t really about them. Can’t ask for much more.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)