Aug 24, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Today is Acquaint Readers with The Jobs of Real Baseball Professionals Day.
It’s complicated in places, but highly illuminating, focusing on how a scouting report is actually complied, but throwing off a lot of interesting random observations as well.
Yes, we’re sort of in teaching mode today, but forgive me. My kids are back in school now so I’m sort of in that mood.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)