Aug 24, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Today is Acquaint Readers with The Jobs of Real Baseball Professionals Day.
It’s complicated in places, but highly illuminating, focusing on how a scouting report is actually complied, but throwing off a lot of interesting random observations as well.
Yes, we’re sort of in teaching mode today, but forgive me. My kids are back in school now so I’m sort of in that mood.
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 2
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 50
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)