Aug 24, 2011, 11:33 AM EST
No, it’s not to make up for a previous rainout. It’s to avoid an inevitable one tomorrow thanks to Hurricane Irene. Which, while on course for the Carolinas and points north, will no doubt spit all kinds of rain and yuck at Miami too. The Marlins made a rescheduling request and MLB said sure.
Given the short notice it’s a two-for-one deal today in Florida, with one ticket getting you in to both games. Festivities begin at 4:10PM.
Hurricanes suck, but if I was in Miami I think it would be all kinds of fun to watch six hours of baseball for, like what, ten bucks? Even that much?
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)