Aug 24, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
No, it’s not to make up for a previous rainout. It’s to avoid an inevitable one tomorrow thanks to Hurricane Irene. Which, while on course for the Carolinas and points north, will no doubt spit all kinds of rain and yuck at Miami too. The Marlins made a rescheduling request and MLB said sure.
Given the short notice it’s a two-for-one deal today in Florida, with one ticket getting you in to both games. Festivities begin at 4:10PM.
Hurricanes suck, but if I was in Miami I think it would be all kinds of fun to watch six hours of baseball for, like what, ten bucks? Even that much?
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)