Aug 24, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
No, it’s not to make up for a previous rainout. It’s to avoid an inevitable one tomorrow thanks to Hurricane Irene. Which, while on course for the Carolinas and points north, will no doubt spit all kinds of rain and yuck at Miami too. The Marlins made a rescheduling request and MLB said sure.
Given the short notice it’s a two-for-one deal today in Florida, with one ticket getting you in to both games. Festivities begin at 4:10PM.
Hurricanes suck, but if I was in Miami I think it would be all kinds of fun to watch six hours of baseball for, like what, ten bucks? Even that much?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)