Aug 24, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
No, it’s not to make up for a previous rainout. It’s to avoid an inevitable one tomorrow thanks to Hurricane Irene. Which, while on course for the Carolinas and points north, will no doubt spit all kinds of rain and yuck at Miami too. The Marlins made a rescheduling request and MLB said sure.
Given the short notice it’s a two-for-one deal today in Florida, with one ticket getting you in to both games. Festivities begin at 4:10PM.
Hurricanes suck, but if I was in Miami I think it would be all kinds of fun to watch six hours of baseball for, like what, ten bucks? Even that much?
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 2
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 24
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)