Aug 24, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
UPDATE: OK, I’m an idiot. They Yankees game is being knocked off TBS’ afternoon schedule and replaced with the Cubs-Brewers. ESPN is broadcasting the Angels-Rangers, which is decidedly NOT part of the dreaded East Coast Bias. In my haste to cast ESPN as reluctantly giving up their Yankees fetish I pretty much, you know, ignored the facts. Eff me.
1:01 PM: ESPN — which normally moves heaven and Earth in order to put either the Yankees or the Red Sox on Sunday night baseball — has taken the Yankees off of Sunday night baseball this week due to the uncertainty surrounding Hurricane Irene. In the place of the Yankees-O’s game which was previously planned: the Cubs-Brewers.
Glad to see the Brewers getting some more national exposure. Too bad that the thing making it possible has a decent chance of making millions of dollars in property damage and possibly killing people.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 167
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 134
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (172)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (137)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)