Aug 24, 2011, 1:01 PM EST
UPDATE: OK, I’m an idiot. They Yankees game is being knocked off TBS’ afternoon schedule and replaced with the Cubs-Brewers. ESPN is broadcasting the Angels-Rangers, which is decidedly NOT part of the dreaded East Coast Bias. In my haste to cast ESPN as reluctantly giving up their Yankees fetish I pretty much, you know, ignored the facts. Eff me.
1:01 PM: ESPN — which normally moves heaven and Earth in order to put either the Yankees or the Red Sox on Sunday night baseball — has taken the Yankees off of Sunday night baseball this week due to the uncertainty surrounding Hurricane Irene. In the place of the Yankees-O’s game which was previously planned: the Cubs-Brewers.
Glad to see the Brewers getting some more national exposure. Too bad that the thing making it possible has a decent chance of making millions of dollars in property damage and possibly killing people.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27