Aug 24, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
UPDATE: OK, I’m an idiot. They Yankees game is being knocked off TBS’ afternoon schedule and replaced with the Cubs-Brewers. ESPN is broadcasting the Angels-Rangers, which is decidedly NOT part of the dreaded East Coast Bias. In my haste to cast ESPN as reluctantly giving up their Yankees fetish I pretty much, you know, ignored the facts. Eff me.
1:01 PM: ESPN — which normally moves heaven and Earth in order to put either the Yankees or the Red Sox on Sunday night baseball — has taken the Yankees off of Sunday night baseball this week due to the uncertainty surrounding Hurricane Irene. In the place of the Yankees-O’s game which was previously planned: the Cubs-Brewers.
Glad to see the Brewers getting some more national exposure. Too bad that the thing making it possible has a decent chance of making millions of dollars in property damage and possibly killing people.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59