Aug 24, 2011, 1:01 PM EST
UPDATE: OK, I’m an idiot. They Yankees game is being knocked off TBS’ afternoon schedule and replaced with the Cubs-Brewers. ESPN is broadcasting the Angels-Rangers, which is decidedly NOT part of the dreaded East Coast Bias. In my haste to cast ESPN as reluctantly giving up their Yankees fetish I pretty much, you know, ignored the facts. Eff me.
1:01 PM: ESPN — which normally moves heaven and Earth in order to put either the Yankees or the Red Sox on Sunday night baseball — has taken the Yankees off of Sunday night baseball this week due to the uncertainty surrounding Hurricane Irene. In the place of the Yankees-O’s game which was previously planned: the Cubs-Brewers.
Glad to see the Brewers getting some more national exposure. Too bad that the thing making it possible has a decent chance of making millions of dollars in property damage and possibly killing people.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 99
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 38
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 366
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (104)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)