Aug 24, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
If you think I’m simply posting about this because when I posted about it yesterday Heyward hit a grand slam, and that I want to continue to exercise my particular brand of sorcery in this regard, well … that’s where you’re right.
Jose Constanza‘s ankle is apparently still bothering him. Or else Heyward’s slam has brought back that lovin’ feelin’, whoaaaaa, that lovin’ feeling to Fredi Gonzalez and he’s given the freakin’ future of the franchise a shot to get his old job back. Heyward is in the lineup against the Cubs again. Batting seventh.
This is good. Of course, if he grounds into a couple of double plays he’ll probably be disappeared to some secret Eastern European rendition site. But I suppose it’s worth the risk.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 77
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 150
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)