Aug 24, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
If you think I’m simply posting about this because when I posted about it yesterday Heyward hit a grand slam, and that I want to continue to exercise my particular brand of sorcery in this regard, well … that’s where you’re right.
Jose Constanza‘s ankle is apparently still bothering him. Or else Heyward’s slam has brought back that lovin’ feelin’, whoaaaaa, that lovin’ feeling to Fredi Gonzalez and he’s given the freakin’ future of the franchise a shot to get his old job back. Heyward is in the lineup against the Cubs again. Batting seventh.
This is good. Of course, if he grounds into a couple of double plays he’ll probably be disappeared to some secret Eastern European rendition site. But I suppose it’s worth the risk.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 1
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 38
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 22
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 34
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)