Aug 24, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
If you think I’m simply posting about this because when I posted about it yesterday Heyward hit a grand slam, and that I want to continue to exercise my particular brand of sorcery in this regard, well … that’s where you’re right.
Jose Constanza‘s ankle is apparently still bothering him. Or else Heyward’s slam has brought back that lovin’ feelin’, whoaaaaa, that lovin’ feeling to Fredi Gonzalez and he’s given the freakin’ future of the franchise a shot to get his old job back. Heyward is in the lineup against the Cubs again. Batting seventh.
This is good. Of course, if he grounds into a couple of double plays he’ll probably be disappeared to some secret Eastern European rendition site. But I suppose it’s worth the risk.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 0
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 88
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 54
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)