Aug 24, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
If you think I’m simply posting about this because when I posted about it yesterday Heyward hit a grand slam, and that I want to continue to exercise my particular brand of sorcery in this regard, well … that’s where you’re right.
Jose Constanza‘s ankle is apparently still bothering him. Or else Heyward’s slam has brought back that lovin’ feelin’, whoaaaaa, that lovin’ feeling to Fredi Gonzalez and he’s given the freakin’ future of the franchise a shot to get his old job back. Heyward is in the lineup against the Cubs again. Batting seventh.
This is good. Of course, if he grounds into a couple of double plays he’ll probably be disappeared to some secret Eastern European rendition site. But I suppose it’s worth the risk.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)