Jason Heyward is in the lineup for the second straight night

Aug 24, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT

Atlanta Braves v Chicago Cubs Getty Images

If you think I’m simply posting about this because when I posted about it yesterday Heyward hit a grand slam, and that I want to continue to exercise my particular brand of sorcery in this regard, well … that’s where you’re right.

Jose Constanza‘s ankle is apparently still bothering him. Or else Heyward’s slam has brought back that lovin’ feelin’, whoaaaaa, that lovin’ feeling to Fredi Gonzalez and he’s given the freakin’ future of the franchise a shot to get his old job back. Heyward is in the lineup against the Cubs again. Batting seventh.

This is good. Of course, if he grounds into a couple of double plays he’ll probably be disappeared to some secret Eastern European rendition site. But I suppose it’s worth the risk.

1. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 24, 2011 at 5:34 PM

That’s the spirit, good sir. Uh oh, it’s Randy Wells…OH NOOOOOOO!!!! Is that a 5.84 ERA coming my way? I’m soooo scared I’m shaking like D.C. bedrock (too soon?).

ps. now why do I feel like I have to watch ‘Top Gun’ when I go home?

2. The Rabbit - Aug 24, 2011 at 5:39 PM

In non-related lineup news, Logan Morrison is back from exile and homered this afternoon.
    Hey, at least it’s not about the Phillies :-)

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 24, 2011 at 5:46 PM

SHHHHHH don’t alert them…they’re still on that other post ____ing one another…

• FC - Aug 24, 2011 at 5:57 PM

What? Where? When? Did someone say PHILLIES!?!?!? :D :D :D

3. The Rabbit - Aug 24, 2011 at 6:22 PM

@Bravo and FC-ROFLMAO
    I’ll reserve my Phillies comments ’til later in the week.
    I’m matched head-to-head this week against Len in one of my fantasy ball leagues. Surprisingly, he has spent the season collecting Yankees. I told him there were no extra points for a full set.
    I have a lot of Red Sox and opted for Philllies starters during the draft.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 24, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Aw man that must be an awesome league. I tend to not stack too many players of any team but stacking up Phillies starters is def not a bad idea this year. Unfortunately for you, I believe it’s +1,000,000,000,000 points in ESPN leagues to have a complete Yanks collection…unless you’re not on ESPN of course then you’re okay.

4. The Rabbit - Aug 24, 2011 at 6:57 PM

This league is not at ESPN, but chit, wish I’d known that. I opted for Verlander and Weaver when I drafted my ESPN team. My only Yankee is Mo.
    Feel free to join us next year. There’s another frequent commenter who you would recognize who will probably be in the league, too. We may have enough for a private league.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5177)