Aug 24, 2011, 9:10 PM EDT
The Marlins demoted young outfielder Logan Morrison to Triple-A New Orleans on August 13.
He was in a bit of an offensive rut and the Marlins’ front office disapproved of him bailing out on a meet-and-greet with season-ticket holders.
As they say, time heals.
Morrison was recalled from New Orleans before Wednesday’s doubleheader against the Reds and finished 2-for-4 with a homer and two runs scored in his first game back. He’s also playing in the second half of the doubleheader Wednesday night.
Morrison came off as humbled in his postgame chat with reporters:
“I was able to get some quality pitches to hit and didn’t miss the barrel, so that was good,” LoMo said. “It means a lot, man. It doesn’t matter where I’m at, what jersey I have on, that’s what I want to do: I want to contribute to the win, help the team win. I was happy for that.”
LoMo now has a .250/.327/.470 batting line with 18 home runs and 61 RBI through 96 games this season.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 46
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 15
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 6
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 74
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (75)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement