Aug 24, 2011, 9:10 PM EDT
The Marlins demoted young outfielder Logan Morrison to Triple-A New Orleans on August 13.
He was in a bit of an offensive rut and the Marlins’ front office disapproved of him bailing out on a meet-and-greet with season-ticket holders.
As they say, time heals.
Morrison was recalled from New Orleans before Wednesday’s doubleheader against the Reds and finished 2-for-4 with a homer and two runs scored in his first game back. He’s also playing in the second half of the doubleheader Wednesday night.
Morrison came off as humbled in his postgame chat with reporters:
“I was able to get some quality pitches to hit and didn’t miss the barrel, so that was good,” LoMo said. “It means a lot, man. It doesn’t matter where I’m at, what jersey I have on, that’s what I want to do: I want to contribute to the win, help the team win. I was happy for that.”
LoMo now has a .250/.327/.470 batting line with 18 home runs and 61 RBI through 96 games this season.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)