Aug 24, 2011, 9:10 PM EDT
The Marlins demoted young outfielder Logan Morrison to Triple-A New Orleans on August 13.
He was in a bit of an offensive rut and the Marlins’ front office disapproved of him bailing out on a meet-and-greet with season-ticket holders.
As they say, time heals.
Morrison was recalled from New Orleans before Wednesday’s doubleheader against the Reds and finished 2-for-4 with a homer and two runs scored in his first game back. He’s also playing in the second half of the doubleheader Wednesday night.
Morrison came off as humbled in his postgame chat with reporters:
“I was able to get some quality pitches to hit and didn’t miss the barrel, so that was good,” LoMo said. “It means a lot, man. It doesn’t matter where I’m at, what jersey I have on, that’s what I want to do: I want to contribute to the win, help the team win. I was happy for that.”
LoMo now has a .250/.327/.470 batting line with 18 home runs and 61 RBI through 96 games this season.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 6
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)