Plenty of good seats available at the Reds-Marlins game

Aug 24, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT

As I mentioned earlier today, because of the stupid hurricane, the Reds and Marlins scheduled an impromptu doubleheader today. It got underway just under an hour ago.  Cincy Enquirer reporter John Fay just tweeted that, during the National Anthem, an actual hand count totaled 250 fans. Another 50 or so have shown up in the past few minutes.  The scene from the press box:

source:

I guess it was unavoidable.  Still, if you can make it you get two games for the price of one, so you have a good five hours or so to head up to the park and get a lot of baseball cheap. And I’m assuming the ushers will let you trade up to the good seats without bribes and stuff this time.

1. FC - Aug 24, 2011 at 5:18 PM

250? Not even Dodger stadium is THAT empty!

2. randall351 - Aug 24, 2011 at 5:23 PM

That’s when you want to go, b/c then you can really let the manager have it when he does something dumb, or if the ump makes a bad call; with that few people I’m sure you could hear a mouse fart.

3. virusgvr - Aug 24, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Mouse fart!! Hahaha!! That’s hilarious!

4. ta192 - Aug 24, 2011 at 5:43 PM

(snicker)

5. jonirocit - Aug 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Either way the marlins with or without a hurricane don’t sell seats . I don’t get it ! Why a new stadium ? Rays and marlins need to go . Waste of time to have teams there the people don’t appreciate them.

• sumerduckman - Aug 24, 2011 at 9:24 PM

I agree. Pull those teams out of Fla., add a second team to metro Philly ( AL) and Boston (NL).

• Old Gator - Aug 24, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Why a new stadium? Does the phrase “political corruption” tingle any of your engrams?

6. Old Gator - Aug 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I think it’s remarkable that they pulled 300 for the first game, frankly. I’ve been busy with legal B/S today so I haven’t paid much attention to anything but this storm isn’t coming anywhere near Macondo. Ergo, it just provided another stage upon which the Feesh can embarrass themselves and Scrooge and the Chihuahua can gaze out upon an ocean of empty seats and behold what their impecuniousness and contempt for their fans has earned them.

7. barklikeadog - Aug 24, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I wonder if you could hear a Gator fart. He sure has diarrhea of the mouth!

• Old Gator - Aug 24, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Which is no doubt another way of saying that you have the vocabulary of a ten year old, think that your shortcomings are the gold standard of rhetorical acumen, and that words like “impecuniousness” confuse and intimidate you?

8. barklikeadog - Aug 24, 2011 at 11:15 PM

More diarrhea. I guess you CAN hear an old gator fart!

Alex Gordon, MVP candidate