Aug 24, 2011, 9:39 AM EDT
Buster Olney says that there is “a high expectation” that the White Sox will win the waiver claim on Jim Thome. Which, given that they’re the (marginal) contender in the AL with the worst record, makes sense. I guess Shin-Soo Choo‘s dramatic home run yesterday ruined it for the Indians. Pity!
Thome is batting .253/.363/.495 with 12 homers in 234 plate appearances this season. If the White Sox do claim him and can work out a trade, I presume Adam Dunn will suddenly suffer an “injury” of some sort to free up a roster spot.
In other news, I am going to introduce a resolution this morning that the an AL Central logo be created and that it’s primary feature be a portrait of a smiling Jim Thome.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)