Aug 24, 2011, 9:39 AM EDT
Buster Olney says that there is “a high expectation” that the White Sox will win the waiver claim on Jim Thome. Which, given that they’re the (marginal) contender in the AL with the worst record, makes sense. I guess Shin-Soo Choo‘s dramatic home run yesterday ruined it for the Indians. Pity!
Thome is batting .253/.363/.495 with 12 homers in 234 plate appearances this season. If the White Sox do claim him and can work out a trade, I presume Adam Dunn will suddenly suffer an “injury” of some sort to free up a roster spot.
In other news, I am going to introduce a resolution this morning that the an AL Central logo be created and that it’s primary feature be a portrait of a smiling Jim Thome.
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 5
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 27
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 24
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 43
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 94
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)