Aug 25, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
After missing the past two games with a sprained thumb Alex Rodriguez is back in the Yankees’ lineup today, playing third base and batting cleanup against the A’s.
Rodriguez missed 38 games following knee surgery and lasted just one game before suffering the thumb injury, going 0-for-5 against the Twins in his return Sunday.
He hasn’t played back-to-back games since June 6 and 7 but the Yankees haven’t missed a beat without Rodriguez, going 44-25 during that time while Eduardo Nunez and Eric Chavez split starts at third base.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 115
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 41
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (116)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)