Aug 25, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
After missing the past two games with a sprained thumb Alex Rodriguez is back in the Yankees’ lineup today, playing third base and batting cleanup against the A’s.
Rodriguez missed 38 games following knee surgery and lasted just one game before suffering the thumb injury, going 0-for-5 against the Twins in his return Sunday.
He hasn’t played back-to-back games since June 6 and 7 but the Yankees haven’t missed a beat without Rodriguez, going 44-25 during that time while Eduardo Nunez and Eric Chavez split starts at third base.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead