Aug 25, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
After missing the past two games with a sprained thumb Alex Rodriguez is back in the Yankees’ lineup today, playing third base and batting cleanup against the A’s.
Rodriguez missed 38 games following knee surgery and lasted just one game before suffering the thumb injury, going 0-for-5 against the Twins in his return Sunday.
He hasn’t played back-to-back games since June 6 and 7 but the Yankees haven’t missed a beat without Rodriguez, going 44-25 during that time while Eduardo Nunez and Eric Chavez split starts at third base.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 4
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 38
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)