Aug 25, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
After missing the past two games with a sprained thumb Alex Rodriguez is back in the Yankees’ lineup today, playing third base and batting cleanup against the A’s.
Rodriguez missed 38 games following knee surgery and lasted just one game before suffering the thumb injury, going 0-for-5 against the Twins in his return Sunday.
He hasn’t played back-to-back games since June 6 and 7 but the Yankees haven’t missed a beat without Rodriguez, going 44-25 during that time while Eduardo Nunez and Eric Chavez split starts at third base.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)