Aug 25, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
Carlos Quentin remains on the active roster despite a sprained left shoulder, but he hasn’t played since Saturday and Ozzie Guillen said last night that he’s unlikely to be back in the lineup before next week.
Dayan Viciedo is waiting in the wings at Triple-A as a potential fill-in for Quentin, but Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune notes that the White Sox are hoping Quentin can avoid the disabled list because that would rule him out for a crucial series against the division-leading Tigers next week.
Viciedo was sidelined recently by a hand injury of his own, but he’s healthy again and hitting .298 with 19 homers and an .852 OPS in 117 games at Triple-A. Quentin, who’s battled various injuries throughout his career, has hit .255 with 24 homers and an .842 OPS in 117 games for the White Sox.
- Watch live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Watch live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- LIVE: Third round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship
- LIVE: Pole Day of Indy 500 qualifying
- LIVE: Action from Hangtown Motocross Classic
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit